Thank you for choosing Crossing Rivers Health as your health care provider. We understand that health care bills and health insurance claims can be confusing. It’s our goal to make the process as easy as possible for everyone.
Understanding your health care bills and health insurance claims can be confusing. Here are some items to keep in mind when reviewing your statement from Crossing Rivers Health.
- Each time you receive services at Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center, a separate account will be created.
- Payment of deductibles, co-pays and non-covered expenses are your responsibility.
- Online bill payment is available with the convenience of the Patient Portal.
We provide various levels of financial assistance to those who are unable to pay for health care services. Financial assistance is available to individuals who do not have the ability to pay their full obligation as determined by the qualification criteria in our Community Care Program.
If you are unable to pay your bill, please contact us at the telephone number or address below to see if you are eligible for financial assistance.
Requests by phone: 608.357.2000
Requests by mail: Crossing Rivers Health
ATTN: Business Office
37868 US Hwy 18
Prairie du Chien, WI 53821
Who may be eligible?
- Each patient’s need for financial assistance is evaluated according to the level of his/her household income.
- Individual circumstances and relevant facts, such as reported income, assets, liabilities, expenses, and other available resources will be evaluated.
- Free care is available to patients whose household income is 300% or below the federal poverty level. See http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/index.cfm for the current federal poverty guidelines published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
How do I apply?
- Individuals may apply for financial assistance under the facility’s Financial Assistance Policy (FAP) by mailing a completed application, along with proof of household income, to the above address or by bringing the application and proof of household income to Crossing Rivers Health Business Office.
- Patients may also call or visit the above location to receive assistance with the application process.
In the case of emergency or other medically necessary care covered under the FAP, patients eligible under a hospital facility’s FAP may not be charged more than the amounts generally billed to individuals who have insurance covering such care.
Translations of the FAP, the application for financial assistance, and the FAP Plain Language are available.
*The following facilities of Crossing Rivers Health:
- Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center
- Crossing Rivers Health Prairie du Chien Clinic
- Crossing Rivers Health Fennimore Clinic
- Crossing Rivers Health Behavioral Health
- Crossing Rivers Health Center for Specialty Care
Crossing Rivers Health charges the same for all patients, regardless of whether you are insured. We will automatically file a patient’s claim with his or her insurance company as a courtesy. This initiates the payment process in the most timely manner.
Financial responsibility rests with the patient or the patient’s representative (guarantor). Health insurance is a contract with the patient and the patient’s carrier.
If you are insured by a government program such as Medicare or Medicaid, your self-pay responsibility is determined by the government program.
If you are insured by a commercial carrier, your self-pay responsibility will be determined by your carrier and based on the benefits of your plan. Please refer to the “Explanation of Benefits” summary you receive from your health plan to determine how benefits are paid and how your carrier determines self-pay responsibility. If you have questions about coverage or how your plan calculated your benefits, you should check your health plan book or call the customer service phone number on your insurance card.
If a patient’s health insurance does not make payment within a reasonable period of time (usually 60 days) and does not respond to our attempts to resolve payment matters, Crossing Rivers Health will then bill the patient.
Crossing Rivers Health will attempt to provide all information to your insurance company. However, there are times that the insurance company requires information from a patient to resolve issues related to a claim.
Crossing Rivers Health will not be involved in disputes arising from personal injury claims. Crossing Rivers Health will file your Worker Compensation claims, if verified by your employer.
When receiving care at Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center, patients may receive more than one bill. Depending on the care received, patients may receive bills from independent areas of expertise available at Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center, for example: pathologists, your physician or other physician specialists.
- In person or by mail using:
- Cash, check or money order
- Visa, MasterCard or Discover
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Other pre-approved payment arrangement
- Online bill payment is available with the convenience of the Patient Portal
An account is past due if:
- Full payment is not received and no approved payment arrangements have been made.
- There is no response to requested information through letters and/or telephone calls.
- Required application forms for hospital assistance (Community Care) programs have not been completed and returned.
If you have billing questions not answered here, please call Crossing Rivers Health Patient Accounts at 608.357.2000, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and ask to speak with one of our financial counselors.
If your question pertains to Clinic billing, please contact the Crossing Rivers Health Clinic at 608.357.2500.
The Healthcare Marketplace offers options for you to buy Marketplace insurance. Badgercare and Iowa Medicaid benefit enrollment is open throughout the year. If you need help understanding the options or preparing for enrollment contact us at 608-357-2000.
WHA PricePoint allows health care consumers to receive basic, facility-specific information about health care services and charges. (Disclaimer:The information provided will not be, and is not intended to be, a quote or guarantee of what the charges will be for a specific patient’s care, nor does it include the cost of professional services (for example, services provided by physicians, anesthesiologists, radiologists, advance practice nurses, physician assistants or other independent practitioners).
Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center patient accounts
Crossing Rivers Health Clinic patient accounts 608.357.2500
In this section
- Patient information
- Patient Portal- online bill pay and clinical info
- Advance medical directives
- Billing information
- Medical records
- Patient responsibilities
- Patient rights
Subscribe to our health e-newsletter!