The experts in the Crossing Rivers Health Obstetrics Department take pride in making the birth of your baby very special and memorable, for all involved.
Here is what you can expect when you deliver your little one at Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center:
- Private spacious labor and delivery suite.
- Large whirlpool tub to use during the early stages of labor.
- State-of-the-art fetal monitoring, portable to facilitate mom's freedom for movement.
- Birthing balls, squat bars and rocking chairs.
- Wireless internet.
- Breast feeding support from our International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
- A complimentary massage and other gifts.
- A complimentary meal for significant other.
- A state-of-the-art infant security system.
- A follow-up home visit by a registered nurse.
Once labor begins, mothers stay in the same room for the birth of their baby and through the first hours of the recovery period. Moms who deliver by cesarean section will be cared for in our state-of-the-art surgical suite.
We support the bond between mother and baby and offer the following options for you and your little one.
- Transition care—your baby is assessed and bathed in your presence.
- Rooming in—care for you and your baby is provided in your post delivery room.
- Kangaroo care—your baby is placed directly on your chest for skin-to-skin contact right after birth to promote the bond between mother and infant.
- Newborn feeding—we provide support whether you are breastfeeding, breast-pumping or bottle-feeding.
- Parental coaching—we teach you about your newborn's behavior and how to respond to their cues.
- Childbirth and parenting classes.
Crossing Rivers Health is proud to introduce our International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Mandy Pettit, RN, MSN, IBCLC.
In this role, Mandy assists mothers with the following:
- Prenatal breastfeeding assessment and counseling.
- Prevention and management of maternal concerns such as breast pain and engorgement.
- Establishing and increasing milk production.
- Premature babies.
- Infants with neurological deficits or physical disabilities.
- Confidence to breastfeed for as long as mother and baby want.
- Breastfeeding-supportive measures when mother and baby are separated due to work, medical, or educational issues.
- Training other healthcare workers using current evidence based knowledge.
- Collaborating with other healthcare workers to meet the family’s needs.
- Investigating and participating in research.
- Educating policy makers on the economic and health benefits of breastfeeding.
- Advocating for services to support breastfeeding.
The compassionate and caring experts at Crossing Rivers Health Clinic and Medical Center take great pride in making every birth experience a memorable one.
Please call and schedule a tour to learn more about these services and others offered here at Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center.
Paige and Chris Hirsch came all the way from Texas to have Terri Payne, Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Midwife, deliver their baby. Hear Paige explain why.
Obstetrics and maternity care
37868 US Hwy 18
Prairie du Chien, WI 53821
- Your obstetrics care team
- Hear from our patients
- Classes and events
- Related health articles
- Getting ready for baby
- Using car seats safely
- View our online nursery
Subscribe to our pregnancy e-newsletter!