Do you think you're getting enough sleep? If not, your answers to the following questions might help you and your doctor find a solution.
Sleep Disorders Specialist
Our Sleep Disorders Specialist at the Crossing Rivers Health Center for Specialty Care diagnoses and treats a full spectrum of sleep disorders.
You may be referred to a sleep specialist for evaluation if you:
- Have difficulty breathing while sleeping
- Have trouble falling or staying asleep (insomnia)
- Experience chronic daytime sleepiness
- Have nighttime leg restlessness
The Crossing Rivers Health Center for Specialty Care offers sleep testing available for:
- Sleep apnea
- Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)
- Insomnia (inability to fall asleep or stay asleep)
- Narcolepsy (sudden, uncontrollable urges to sleep)
- Hypersomnia (excessive daytime sleepiness or prolonged nighttime sleep)
- Sleepwalking and sleep talking
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Nightmares and night terrors
- Jet lag and circadian rhythms
About sleep studies
- For a sleep study, you will have an overnight stay at the Sleep Center at Crossing Rivers Health.
- Using state-of-the-art equipment, your brain waves, eye movements, breathing patterns, heart rate and rhythm, blood oxygen levels, and leg movements are measured and recorded throughout the night.
- A technician will monitor your sleep all night and gather data.
- This information is reviewed in detail by a sleep specialist to determine if you have a sleep disorder.