Home health offers professional, high-quality health services to patients of all ages in the home setting. Our staff works closely with each patient/family along with their physician to establish a plan of care to meet individual needs.
It is our agency’s mission to provide a wide range of personalized services and to achieve the best patient outcomes by offering the following:
Registered nursing functions may include:
- Comprehensive assessments.
- Administering and monitoring effectiveness of medications.
- Administering intravenous or injectable medications.
- Wound and ostomy care with consultations by a certified wound, ostomy, continence nurse as needed.
- Comfort and pain management.
- Disease education and health management, such as diabetes care.
- Instruction in use of therapeutic equipment.
- Drawing blood and obtaining specimens for lab tests.
- Telehealth services.
Physical therapy provides evaluation, treatment and instruction in a broad range of services, including:
- Exercise, including therapeutic and rehabilitative, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, coordination, and range of motion.
- Pain relief, including electrical, manual and thermal methods.
- Ambulation and posture training.
- Prosthetic and orthotic training.
- Neuromuscular techniques including balance training, muscle re-education and sensory stimulation.
Medical social worker involvement may include:
- Assisting in resolution of physical, social or emotional problems that may prevent or impede recovery.
- Counseling for long-range planning and decision making.
- Assisting with completion of advance medical directives, living wills or Power of Attorney for Healthcare.
- Providing community resource planning.
- Assisting with alternate living arrangements.
Home health aide services may include:
- Assist with bathing, dressing, walking and exercise.
- Checking vital signs.
- Assisting with minimal housework.
Speech therapy provides evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of communication disorders, including instruction in:
- Language skills.
- Comprehension and memory.
- Swallowing and articulation.
Occupational therapy provides evaluation, treatment and instruction in areas such as:
- Daily living skills.
- Home accessibility.
- Assistive/adaptive devices.
- Range of motion.
- Coordination and balance.
- Lymphedema treatments.
Our service area includes Southwest Wisconsin communities throughout Crawford County, along with portions of Grant, Vernon and Richland counties in Wisconsin. We also service portions of northeast Iowa, including Clayton and Allamakee counties.
In order for patients to be eligible for services, the following must be present:
- A skilled nursing or therapy need.
- Services ordered by a physician.
- Homebound (dependent on payer source).
Medicare considers patients homebound if they have a condition caused by an illness or injury that restricts their ability to leave the home without the aid of supportive devices, the use of special transportation or the assistance of another person or if leaving the home is medically inadvisable. It is expected that most absences from the home are for the purpose of receiving medical treatment or are infrequent or for relatively short periods.
Referrals to home health may be made by a physician, family member, spouse, patient or anyone who feels in-home care is needed.
A registered nurse will come to the home and complete a comprehensive assessment of the patient, family and home environment. Based on this information, the nurse, along with the patient/family and physician, will develop a plan of care. Additional services may be coordinated as needed. The plan of care will outline the goals that everyone is working toward and how often the various health professionals will visit the patient at home to help achieve these goals.
Home health services are widely accepted as an efficient means of providing quality health care at a reasonable cost. Such services are generally covered by traditional health care insurers, such as:
- Medicare Advantage Plans.
- Veteran’s Administration.
- Worker’s Compensation.
- Private or group insurance plans.
The home health agency will help determine available payment sources. Payment plans can be arranged to meet individual needs if an alternate payer source is not available.
Open Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
On-call coverage is provided
after office hours and
on weekends and holidays.
In this section
- Home health care
- Home medical equipment
- Life Assist USA
- Palliative care
- Personal home services
Subscribe to our health e-newsletter!