Sessions are completely private and confidential. We will determine your current physical condition, health history, lifestyle stress level and areas of pain during our initial conversation. You can undress to your level of comfort.
A sheet will be draped over your body, and only the body part being worked on will be undraped. Massage on healthy tissue should feel good; with an area of injury or chronic pain, however, you may feel discomfort that usually lessens within minutes.
Massage therapy helps create a more positive sense of well-being and:
- Relieves stress and physical and mental fatigue.
- Reduces effects of anxiety, tension and depression.
- Promotes deep relaxation and renewed energy.
- Improves the circulatory system, which encourages healing and benefits the immune system.
- Aids in decreasing blood pressure; reduces heart rate; stimulates weak, inactive muscles; and helps relieve insomnia.
- Accelerates the lymphatic system, aiding in the elimination of waste throughout the body.
- Relaxes and refreshes muscles and joints.
- Relieves muscle cramps and spasms.
- Helps pain management for arthritis, neuralgia, muscular lesions, sciatica, headaches, migraines and fibromyalgia.
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing.
Massage during pregnancy:
- Relieves headaches.
- Helps alleviate morning sickness.
- Helps reduce fatigue.
- Alleviates backaches.
- Helps relieve leg cramps.
- Reduces swelling/edema.
- Relieves pain from varicose veins.
- Enhances sleep.
- Stimulates blood flow.
- Relieves everyday tension, general aches and pains, and discomfort.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, which increases immunity.
- Stabilizes hormonal levels.
- Provides emotional support for those who are alone.
- Having a massage after giving birth helps to relieve tension and neck, shoulder, and lower back discomfort.
- All obstetric patients are given a gift certificate for a complimentary massage as part of their delivery experience here at Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center.
- Obstetric patients may receive a massage if ordered by their health care provider.
- Massage therapy is also provided to in-house patients with a physician order. These sessions are provided depending on availability of the therapists.
- Chair massages are performed in a seated position using various massage techniques performed over the back, neck, arms and hands.
- A client is fully clothed and in a more open area, bringing comfort to those who feel uncomfortable otherwise.
- A massage therapist reintroduces positive touch to those who have experienced negative touch.
- Clients can notice a difference in a short period of time.
- Chair massages are available, providing clients a 10-minute massage that is convenient for our fast-paced life.
- The chair is portable and may be transported anywhere or to any business.
- Businesses that have provided chair massages to their employees have noticed improved alertness and performance as well as a reduction of stress.
Make an appointment
Bluff Haven Community Village
720 Fremont St.
Prairie du Chien, WI
In this section
Subscribe to our health e-newsletter!