At Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center, our Surgery staff understands the stress that an expected or unexpected surgery may cause. Our surgical team is known for exceeding patient expectations by providing the best outcomes and compassionate care. You can have every confidence in the skills of our doctors, nurses, technicians and support staff to help you through your time here at Crossing Rivers Health.
We offer minimally invasive, laparoscopic and standard surgical procedures in the following areas:
General surgery procedures performed at Crossing Rivers Health include:
- Appendectomy- Laparoscopic
- Breast biopsy/sentinel node biopsy/mastectomy
- Colon resection surgery- Laparoscopic or open
- Caesarean section- scheduled or emergent
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Gastric reflux surgery- Laparoscopic
- Gall bladder removal- Laparoscopic
- Hernia repair
- Upper Endoscopy
Crossing Rivers Health combines state‐of‐the‐art equipment and techniques with a pleasant, caring, and peaceful healing environment.
General surgery cases are performed by expert surgeons, along with a specially‐trained, experienced team of registered nurses, surgical assistants, surgical technologists, anesthetists and dedicated support staff. Collaboration with other patient care areas in the medical center such as medical imaging, lab, respiratory, and in‐patient therapies ensure the best care possible to our patients.
Our highly-trained surgical staff takes great pride in having a surgical site infection rate that is below the national average. That means our patients recover with less complications.
Crossing Rivers Health's Surgical Department offers the latest in technology and gynecologic surgical procedures, including:
- Dilation & Curettage
- Endometrial ablation
- Hysterectomy- Robotic-assisted, laparoscopic, or open
- Pelvic laparoscopy
- Tubal ligation
- Other contraceptive methods
Most of these procedures can be done on an outpatient basis, or may require a minimal stay at the hospital. Whether you're undergoing an emergency procedure or an elective hysterectomy, rest assured that the highly skilled, compassionate staff at Crossing Rivers Health Medical Health will make your experience a positive one.
Crossing Rivers Health provides joint replacement and sports medicine repairs close to home, including:
Total joint replacement- hips, knees and shoulders
- ACL reconstruction
- Carpal tunnel release.
- Knee and shoulder arthroscopy and repairs
- Rotator cuff repair
- Fracture repairs- closed and open reduction
- Joint revisions
Our orthopedic surgeons work in conjunction with our physical and occupational therapy department to ensure our patients have the best possible outcome.
Robotic-assisted surgical services offered at Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center:
- Surgical oncology for bladder, kidney, prostate and testicular cancer
- Interstim - Incontinence treatment
- Laser shock lithotripsy - kidney stone treatment
Podiatric procedures available at Crossing Rivers Health include:
- Hammer toe correction
- Plantar fasciitis repair- Laparoscopic and open
- Triple Arthrodesis
- Ankle and foot repairs
Health care delivery in the twenty-first century combines the skills of experienced surgeons with the precision of robotic instruments.
✔ Less pain
✔ Shorter recovery time
✔ Less scarring
Skilled surgeons, armed with the most advanced technology and backed by a surgical team you know and trust - right here, close to home - at Crossing Rivers Health.
Pre-operative evaluation and education
Before you come in for your procedure you will need to be seen for a pre‐surgical evaluation and education appointment. This appointment will be scheduled the day your surgery is set up.
In preparing for your pre‐surgical evaluation, we ask that you bring:
- A list of current medications
- A list of allergies and prior surgerie
- Insurance/Medicaid card or social security number.
- An advanced directive (if you don’t have one we can help you get one)
During your pre‐surgical appointment:
- You will receive a folder of instructions and guidelines to prepare you for a successful surgery.
- The surgical nurse will get a complete health history
- You will learn about what to do the night before your surgery, day of your surgery and what to expect after surgery.
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions.
Your Expert Surgical Team
The expert surgical team at Crossing Rivers Health that takes care of you during your surgery includes:
- Registered nurse anesthetists
- Registered nurses
- Certified operating room technicians
Our team provides a sterile and safe surgical environment and offers innovative, top-notch postoperative pain-management options.