Dr. Roger C. Rademacher Memorial Scholarship for Clinical Excellence
About the scholarship
This scholarship was established to honor the life of Dr. Roger Rademacher in recognition of his dedicated service to area communities and his passion for rural medicine and rural healthcare.
Dr. Rademacher was a valued member of the active medical staff. Through his 26 years of practice in Prairie du Chien, Dr. Rademacher leaves an outstanding legacy of integrity, trust, and compassion.
The halls of the hospital are filled with stories of his wisdom and skill. Countless rural clinical professionals have benefited from his leadership and expert mentoring. His countless clinical contributions, caring compassionate way and his willingness to grow others will always be remembered.
In the end, it is not his clinical skills, but his humanness that defined this great man. Dr. Rademacher was killed in a traffic accident in January, 2009.
This scholarship will provide grants to selected clinical professionals to advance their clinical skills and make patient care safer and better than ever before. Areas of study or work may include preventive health, clinical evaluation, surgical excellence, rural medicine, community health, and quality of care.
- Advances clinical skills through work knowledge and clinical experience to achieve excellence in practice
- Advances patient safety and has documented demonstrable positive health outcomes
- Influences the health of individuals and communities by bringing together disciplines, education, research and clinical practice in an innovative approach
- Demonstrates strong leadership, integrity and organizational abilities
- Record of professional and community service
- Member in good standing of Medical Staff or employee of Crossing Rivers Health