Hospice volunteers needed!
Find fulfillment in life by doing something truly worthwhile.
To become a new hospice volunteer, please complete these steps:
Attention! Steps 1 - 4 must be completed before registering for Hospice volunteer training.
Once you complete your application, you will be contacted for an interview.
If you do not have computer access, contact the Volunteer Services Office at 608.357.2621 for a paper application.
Step 2: Interview
- After your interview is scheduled, you will receive an email with Criminal Background Consent Forms attached, as well as details on when and where the interview will take place.
- You will need to print out the Criminal Background Consent Forms and bring these to the interview. These need to be completed and ready to turn in. If you do not have computer access, you can pick up these forms from the Volunteer Services Office.
- You will also need to bring a copy of your current driver’s license and auto insurance cards to your interview.
Step 3: Health Screening
Call Crossing Rivers Health Clinic Employee Health Nurse at 608.357.2260 to schedule a New Volunteer Health Screening.
- Flu Vaccination: All volunteers are required to get a flu shot (when applicable) as a condition of the Volunteer Program.
- Two-step TB Skin Test: This is a 2 part series, which equates to 4 visits. You will have the first done at your Health Screening and have it read 2 days later. You will repeat this process in 1-3 weeks. If you have had a TB skin test in the last 12 months, please bring a copy of it for the nurse to review. Please retain a copy for your records.
OR you may, at your own expense, complete your health screening, TB testing, and flu vaccination elsewhere and bring us documentation. If you complete them elsewhere, you will need to print and take this form to your provider:
Your documentation for TB testing and flu vaccination should include:
- Your name and date of birth
- The type of vaccine given
- The date of the injection
- The signature of the person who gave you the injection
Step 4: Complete your online orientation
Volunteer orientation is required to ensure all volunteers have an understanding of universal precautions, fire safety, and patient confidentiality, as well as the rules and regulations of the volunteer program and the knowledge of hospital policies and procedures.
Step 5: Register for Hospice Volunteer Training - Two sessions!
(Must attend all 16 hours of training to be a certified hospice volunteer)
- Saturday, April 6 and Saturday, April 13 - 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 7 and Saturday, September 14 - 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Lunch provided during both days of each session.