What is a respiratory therapist? What happens in surgery? What does a laboratory technician do? What is a physical therapist?
You can get the answers to these questions and others by joining Crossing Rivers Health Club Scrub, a new health careers program for middle school-aged students!
Club Scrub is an after-school program designed to spark interest in health-related careers among 7th and 8th-grade students through informative and interactive, hands-on activities.
- Club Scrub meets once a month January through May at Crossing Rivers Health.
- Fifteen students are accepted into the program each year on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration for the next Club Scrub group opens in November. The deadline to register is December 1.
- Club Scrub will meet on the third Wednesday of each month from 4:15 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., January 2020 - May 2020 at Crossing Rivers Health. Dates for 2019 include:
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- There will be a full agenda for each meeting, so it is very important that we begin on time.
- We will open each meeting with a healthy snack and a short discussion.
Try your hand at laparoscopic or robotic surgery, giving an injection, performing a lab test, and much more!
Students will have the opportunity to speak with health care providers and try things out in a variety of hospital departments, such as:
- Infection Control
- Respiratory Therapy
The primary goal of the program is to increase awareness of health-related professions and the numerous career opportunities that are available in the health sciences.
Crossing Rivers Health Club Scrub will provide a great opportunity for students to acquire this knowledge by working side-by-side with Crossing Rivers Health employees working in the field!
- Students will receive a free scrub top and official Crossing Rivers Health Club Scrub Badge.
- Snacks will be provided.
- Transportation will be the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian.
Frequently asked questions
|Start time:||4:15 PM|
|End time:||5:30 PM|
|Location:||George Family Education Center|