Livin' Well Wellness Fair
30+ Health and Wellness Vendors!
- Cooking demonstrations
- Free blood pressure checks
- Free diabetic foot scan - Learn more here!
- Free posture assessment
- Smoothie station
- Kids blender bike
- Chair massages (small fee)
- Hackett's Magic Mirror
- Free car seat safety checks by trained safety technicians sponsored by Crawford County Public Health and Crossing Rivers Health - appointments available
10 AM - Diabetes and Foot Care
Presented by Pam Myhre, APNP, and Kristina Thompson, DPM
About Pam Myhre, NP
Crossing Rivers Health Palliative Care
Pam has been a Certified Diabetes Educator for more than 20 years, and has provided diabetes programs from LA to Delaware! She has expertise in diabetes care management and motivational interviewing and is a Crossing Rivers Health Palliative Care Nurse.
About Kristina Thompson, DPM
Crossing Rivers Health Center for Specialty Care
Dr. Kristina Thompson graduated from Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. She completed her residency at SSM Health DePaul Hospital, St. Louis, MO in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery with an added reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery certification. Dr. Thompson specializes in elective forefoot and rearfoot reconstruction, diabetic limb salvage, foot and ankle trauma, and sports medicine.
11 AM - Learning, Coping, and Surviving as an Alzheimer's Caregiver
Presented by Martin J. Schreiber
About Martin Schreiber
Former Wisconsin Governor, Martin J. Schreiber is an award-winning crusader for Alzheimer’s caregivers and persons with dementia. Reaching audiences nationwide at live events and via media, he uses humor and compassion to share lessons from his ongoing, decade-plus journey as a caregiver.
12 PM - Laughter Yoga
Presented by Laura Gentry
About Laura Gentry
Laura Gentry, known as Laughing Laura, is a Master Teacher of Laughter Yoga. She has presented laughter and motivational programs on six continents and developed a number of resources including a book, a film and seven albums. She’s on the faculty of the world’s longest-running Clown Camp in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Richard Palucci
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Nathan Rickertsen
Yoga for All Ages
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - The Healing Huntress Jessica Goltz, Certified Yoga instructor
Teddy Bear Clinic
- Bring your teddy bear for a health report card or receive a handmade Teddy bear from Partners of Crossing Rivers Health
- 2-$100 visa gift cards and more!
Are you interested in participating in Livin' Well as a vendor? This health and wellness event is a fabulous setting to market and showcase your services to this expanding population of Crawford County residents.
|Date detail:||September 14, 2019|
|Start time:||9:00 AM|
|End time:||1:00 PM|
|Location:||Crossing Rivers Health|