Visitor guidelines and restrictions
Crossing Rivers Health is committed to continuing to provide a safe environment and preventing the spread of COVID-19 in our organization and community. With that in mind, there are a number of precautions in place, including the following visitor guidelines and restrictions:
- The Main Entrance is closed to the public until further notice.
- The North Entrance is open Monday and Tuesday from 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
and Wednesday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The North Entrance is open for all services, except Emergency and Urgent Care.
- After business hours, all patients will enter through the Emergency Entrance.
- The Emergency Entrance will be locked from 8 p.m. – 7 a.m. every day, although the emergency department is available 24/7. In the off-hours, patients may enter into the first set of doors to the emergency department and registration staff will speak to them on the intercom before entering.
- Outpatients visiting the medical center for appointments, except rehabilitation, may be accompanied by one support person.
- Inpatients admitted to the medical-surgical or special care inpatient unit who are COVID negative will be allowed two visitors over the age of 18, per day. The visitors must be masked at all times, even while in the patient room.
- COVID-19 positive patients or Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) no visitors will be allowed, except for end-of-life or minors under the age of 18 who can have three visitors per stay. All approved visitors must stay in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit.
- Obstetric patients admitted to the Birthing Center for delivery may have two support people over the age of 18 per patient, per stay. Obstetric patients accessing Medical Imaging services may have one support person accompany them.
- Oncology and infusion patients may have one support person accompany them.
- End-of-life patients are allowed a maximum of five visitors per day. No age restrictions, but children strongly discouraged.
- Surgery patients may have one visitor.
- Visitor exceptions may be made for the following patients: under the age of 18, those with altered mental status, patients needing an interpreter or communication assistance, or those in critical condition.
- The Emergency Entrance is locked from 8 p.m. – 7 a.m. every day, although the emergency department is available 24/7. In the off-hours, patients may enter into the first set of doors to the emergency department and registration staff will speak to them on the intercom before entering.
- Patients having no suspicion of COVID may have two visitors.
- Patients COVID positive or having a high suspicion of COVID may have no visitors. Patient’s family and friends, are restricted from entering the emergency department and will be instructed to wait in their vehicle.
- Visitor exceptions may be made for the following patients: under the age of 18, those in critical condition, patients with altered mental status, or needing an interpreter or communication assistance.
- Family and friends may call the emergency department from their vehicle at 608.357.2222 to discuss the patient’s condition and receive updates regarding their loved one. Those who do not have a cell phone can enter the first set of emergency department doors to use the intercom to speak to the emergency department staff.
- Clinic patients may be accompanied by one support person or family member.
Visitor restrictions may change as Crossing Rivers Health monitors the COVID-19 situation locally, regionally and nationally.