Dash to the Dells Wellness Initiative
Crossing Rivers Health, Prairie du Chien Parks and Recreation, and the McGregor Park Board are excited to announce an 8-week wellness initiative, Dash to the Dells, a community wellness challenge.
What is Dash to the Dells?
This family-friendly challenge will run over 8 weeks - from Sunday, July 11 through Sunday, September 5, 2021. The winner will be drawn and notified by Wednesday, September 8th.
How can I participate?
Participants, ages five and up, must achieve the goal of exercising 196 minutes- equivalent to the round trip distance from Prairie du Chien to Wisconsin Dells. Throughout the challenge, participants will step, swim, bike, or any exercise activity that fits their abilities, for a total of 196 minutes.
How do I qualify to win?
Every 196 minutes of physical activity tracked during the 8 weeks qualifies you for an entry into the drawing to win a TRIP TO WISCONSIN DELLS!!
The GRAND PRIZE!
The grand prize will be in the form of a gift card - valued at $1,000.00 - to be used at participating businesses in Wisconsin Dells, WI. The gift card will expire at the end of August 2022.
For your convenience, we've provided a printable calendar to track your activity minutes.
When you reach 196 completed minutes, submit via online or print the paper registration and drop off at one of the following locations:
Crossing Rivers Health North Entrance concierge
37868 US Hwy 18
Prairie du Chien, WI
1600 S. Wacouta Ave.
Prairie du Chien, WI
Charles Wacouta Aquatic Park
1401 E. Wells Street
Prairie du Chien, WI
McGregor-Marquette Chamber of Commerce
146 Main St.
- Ages 5 and up are eligible to participate. If a minor participant is drawn as the prize winner, a parent or guardian must accept the prize on their behalf and must be present at the time of the Grand Prize drawing.
- Release: By participating in Dash to the Dells, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against Crossing Rivers Health, its employees and agents, the Contest's sponsors, and their respective employees for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, Dash to the Dells, or from the use of any prize. To receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by Crossing Rivers Health.
- Conduct, Judging, and Decisions: Persons who violate any rule, gain an unfair advantage in participating in Dash to the Dells, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Crossing Rivers Health will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims, or ambiguities concerning the rules, and Crossing Rivers Health's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final.
- Taxes. The value of any prize awarded to the winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any applicable taxes related to the prize. Each winner must provide Crossing Rivers Health with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from Crossing Rivers Health will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- PR, Publicity, Promotion: Use of Personal Information. By participating in Dash to the Dells, all participants and winner(s) grant Crossing Rivers Health permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with the promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
- Miscellaneous: Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign Crossing Rivers Health's release form to claim the prize. Crossing Rivers Health may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue Dash to the Dells at any time. Crossing Rivers Health disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, visit crossingrivers.org/dash.