From Shelby Moose, Crossing Rivers Health Registered Dietitian
Yield: 2 - 3 servings
- 2 apples of any variety, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup pretzels, crushed
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup your favorite nut butter, melted
- Place the thinly sliced apples on a large plate
- Drizzle the peanut butter evenly over the apple slices
- Sprinkle cinnamon, pretzels, and chocolate chips on top
- Other Topping Ideas: granola, popcorn, jelly/jam, fresh fruit, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, crushed pecans, or honey.
Recipe adapted from trialandeater.com
If you are interested in making an appointment with Shelby, ask your primary care provider for a referral.