Chicken stir fry
From Shelby Moose, Crossing Rivers Health Registered Dietitian
Yield: 4 - 5 servings
- 1 pound chicken; cut into cubes (about 1-2 chicken breasts, thawed if frozen)
- 1 16-20oz bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Stir sauce ingredients together then set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon Canola oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add in vegetables and more oil if needed. Cook just until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes
- Add in sauce mixture. Cook and stir until sauce thickens and ingredients are hot throughout.
- Serve over cooked warm brown rice.
If you are interested in making an appointment with Shelby, ask your primary care provider for a referral.