Chocolate chip blondies
From Shelby Moose, Crossing Rivers Health Registered Dietitian
- 1 ½ cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar or ½ cup raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground flax or quick oats
- 1/4 to 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/3 cup butterscotch chips)
Note: Adding an egg to the batter will make it more cake-like if you wanted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients (except the chocolate/butterscotch chips) until very smooth in a good food processor (if using a blender be careful not to make the batter too thin.)
- Mix in chips, and scoop into a greased 9x9 pan.
- Optional: for ‘prettiness’ you can stick some chocolate chips on top of the batter as well.
- Bake for around 30 minutes. They’ll look a little undercooked when you take them out, but they firm up as they cool, and you don’t want them to get hard.
If you are interested in making an appointment with Shelby, ask your primary care provider for a referral.