Fresh orange and black bean salad
From Shelby Moose, Crossing Rivers Health Registered Dietitian
(Makes 8 servings)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 cups (8 oz.) dry black beans, cooked & drained (3 cups cooked beans)
- 2 oranges, peeled, but in bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sweet red bell pepper, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
In a large bowl, combine orange juice, oil, and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients. Chill before serving.
Make it a meal by adding grilled shrimp or chicken!
If you are interested in making an appointment with Shelby, ask your primary care provider for a referral.