Refreshing watermelon popsicles
From Shelby Moose, Crossing Rivers Health Registered Dietitian
Give this tasty recipe a try to help beat the summer heat.
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional: fruit, such as grapes, strawberries, kiwi, raspberries (may use fresh, frozen, or canned in 100% fruit juice)
- Optional: 1/4 cup sugar
- Optional: 1/2 cup yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
- If you do not have popsicle molds, that's okay! To make in small plastic cups, pour the watermelon mixture into 8 small cups, and cover each cup with foil.
- Poke a popsicle stick through the center of the foil and into the mixture.
- Freeze until firm (which can take several hours or overnight).
If you are interested in making an appointment with Shelby, ask your primary care provider for a referral.