V. Chowdary Jampala, MD
|M.B., B.S.||Guntur Medical College, Guntur, India, 1972 - 1979|
|General Adult Psychiatry Residence||
University of Health Sciences / The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, IL, November 1980 – June 1984
Chief Resident in Psychiatry, 1982 – 1984
|Rotating Internship||Government General Hospital, Guntur, India, 1978 – 1979|
|Candidate for Ph.D. in Research Neuropsychology||University of Health Sciences / The Chicago Medical School (UHS/CMS), North Chicago, IL, 1984 – 1994|
Dr. V. Chowdary Jampala completed his medical degree at Guntur Medical College, India, and his residency at Chicago Medical School, serving as Chief Resident during his third and fourth years.
In addition to his medical training, Dr. Jampala has specific expertise on the brain-behavior relationship, and completed ten years of research as a Neuropsychology Ph.D. candidate.
Dr. Jampala has 28 years of experience as Chief of Mental Health Departments within the VA system and at the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center.
In both his work with the VA and in private practice, Dr. Jampala has treated a wide spectrum of patients, including those with Serious Mental Illness (SMI), ADHD, and depression/anxiety.
He is a certified buprenorphine prescriber, and has worked with patients on opioid substitution.
Dr. Jampala is a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, and a Professor of Psychiatry at the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science/ The Chicago Medical School.
Dr. Jampala has authored many scientific papers and book chapters and has been honored with the NARSAD Young Investigator Award and the IAPA Scientific Achievement Award.
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Life Fellowship, American Psychiatric Association, 2016
- Distinguished Fellowship, American Psychiatric Association, 2003
- Fellowship, American Psychiatric Association, 2001
- Scientific Achievement Award, Indo American Psychiatric Association, 1995
- Young Investigator Award, NARSAD, 1990
- First Place, Annual National Resident Paper Competition, Psychiatric Annals, 1984
- Second Place, Resident Paper Competition, Illinois Psychiatric Association, 1984
- First Place, Resident Paper Competition, Illinois Psychiatric Association, 1983
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Jampala, call 608.357.2525 or complete the short form at the link below.
RelatedPsychiatry, Behavioral Health
- American Psychiatric Association, 1981 – Present
- Illinois Psychiatric Society, 1981 – 1993; 2003 – Present
- Indo American Psychiatric Association, 1986 – Present
June 2003 – Present
Chicago Medical School (RFUMS/CMS), North Chicago, IL
- Professor and Associate Chairman in Psychiatry, June 2003 – April 2012
- Professor and Vice Chair for GME in Psychiatry, April 2012 – Present
August 1999 – June 2003
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, August 1999 – August 2002
- Professor, Department of Psychiatry, August 2002 – June 2003
June 1993 – June 2003
Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, OH
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, June 1993 – June 2003
- Associate Chairman for Research, Department of Psychiatry, June 1993 – September 1997
July 1983 – June 1990
University of Health Sciences / The Chicago Medical School (UHS/CMS), North Chicago, IL
- Instructor in Psychiatry, July 1983 – June 1987
- Assistant Professor in Psychiatry, July 1987 – June 1990