The LSVT Programs have been developed and scientifically researched over the past 20 years with funding from the National Institutes of Health.
LSVT® LOUD is a speech therapy treatment that focuses on improving vocal loudness with immediate carryover into daily communication to help patients maintain and/or improve oral communication.
LSVT® LOUD is an intensive program consisting of:
- 16 sessions: four days per week for four weeks totaling 16 sessions.
- Each session is one hour.
Why LSVT® LOUD?
Fifteen years of research funded by the National
Institute of Health (NIH) has demonstrated
- Improves loudness
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Increases facial expression
- Evidence-based treatment with level 1 efficacy
- All patients report improvement inability to communicate
- 90% of patients improve vocal loudness from pre to post-treatment
- 80% maintain improvements for 12-24 months
LSVT® BIG is a research-based exercise approach developed from principles of the effective Parkinson’s specific speech treatment LSVT®LOUD.
Research of LSVT BIG has documented improved ratings on tests of motor functioning in people with Parkinson’s Disease following treatment.
Why LSVT® BIG?
- Faster walking with bigger steps
- Improved balance
- Increased trunk rotation
LSVT® BIG will teach you how to avoid inactivity and keep your movements ALIVE during everyday activities. It will help you participate fully and improve the quality of your life!
LSVT BIG treatment consists of:
- 16 sessions: 4 consecutive days a week for 4 weeks
- Individual 1 hour sessions
- Daily homework practice
- Daily carryover exercises
Hear from our patients
Dorothy Ferguson's daughter, Noël, shares the story of her mother's journey with Lewy Body Disease and the memories that were relived through her LSVT therapy sessions.