Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
Crossing Rivers Health Foundation Social Work and Behavioral Health Professional Scholarship
On behalf of the Crossing Rivers Health Foundation and the scholarship committee, we commend you for pursuing a career in the social work or behavioral health field. We believe in the next generation of social work and behavioral health professionals and are proud to make available this scholarship as an investment in the future of our communities’ health and wellbeing.
Individuals pursuing degrees in areas such as social work, psychology, sociology, human services or criminal justice are encouraged to apply.
One $500 scholarship may be awarded annually to a graduating high school senior from each of the following school districts: Prairie du Chien, MFL MarMac, River Ridge, Seneca, WauzekaSteuben, & North Crawford.
Qualified applicants who are entering an accredited college or university and planning to become a social worker or behavioral health professional must demonstrate excellence in the following selection criteria: Academic achievement, accomplishments (including extracurricular activates such as sports, band, etc.), community service, and work experience.
Application and supporting materials must be received no later than Monday, April 3, 2023.
Please submit your completed application along with:
- Essay with the description of the social work or behavioral health profession you plan to enter into and why you have chosen this as a career. (less than 500 words)
- Current transcript of grades
- Copy of ACT test score report
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
Dr. Roger C. Rademacher Scholarship for Clinical Excellence
This scholarship was established to honor the life of Dr. Roger Rademacher in recognition of his dedicated service to area communities and his passion for rural medicine and rural healthcare.
Dr. Rademacher was a valued member of the active medical staff. Through his 26 years of practice in Prairie du Chien, Dr. Rademacher leaves an outstanding legacy of integrity, trust, and compassion.
The halls of the hospital are filled with stories of his wisdom and skill. Countless rural clinical professionals have benefited from his leadership and expert mentoring. His countless clinical contributions, caring compassionate way and his willingness to grow others will always be remembered.
In the end, it is not his clinical skills, but his humanness that defined this great man. Dr. Rademacher was killed in a traffic accident in January, 2009.
This scholarship will provide grants to selected clinical professionals whom are employees of Crossing Rivers Health. Professionals who seek to advance their clinical skills by pursuing areas of study or work which may include preventive health, clinical evaluation, surgical excellence, rural medicine, community health, and quality of care.
- Applicant must be an employee or medical staff member in good standing at Crossing Rivers Health who has demonstrated leadership, integrity, and dedication to organizational values.
- Employment status must be a minimum of part-time with Crossing Rivers Health.
- Education must advance clinical skills through work knowledge and clinical experience and results in certification and/or formal degree in an area where applicant is or will be working.
- Education or certification must advance patient safety, have demonstrable positive health outcomes, influence the health of individuals and communities.
- Applicant must provide examples of professional and community service.
Contribute to the Dr. Roger C. Rademacher Memorial Scholarship
Through a donation to the Crossing Rivers Health Foundation education fund, you can make a difference in the lives of friends, neighbors, and the ones you love. Contact our office at 608.357.2140 or complete the form at the link below to discuss your interests.
You can also support Crossing Rivers Health Foundation by using AmazonSmile for your Amazon purchases!