Obstetrics and midwifery care
Whether you’re starting to plan a family or you’re already pregnant, choosing a provider is one of the most important decisions you will make.
We understand you have a lot of choices ahead of you. Crossing Rivers Health Clinic would like to help make your first choice a little easier.
We provide a safe, woman-centered, empowering approach to care delivery. Pregnancy and birth are natural life events that should take the woman’s preferences into consideration.
Your obstetrics and midwifery care team
At Crossing Rivers Health, we have a commitment to providing compassionate care to women and families, through every stage of life. Our team approach allows you to develop a custom birth plan, to ensure your care meets your personal desires and needs.
Our team of providers offer the full spectrum of prenatal care from confirmation of pregnancy to delivery and beyond.
We'll be there for you every step of the way
Obstetrics care close to home
We have a commitment to providing compassionate care to women and families, through every stage of life. Our team approach allows you to develop a custom birth plan, to ensure your care meets your personal desires and needs.
Providers from Crossing Rivers Health and Mayo Clinic deliver at our Birthing Center. Let your provider know that you want to deliver close to home - at Crossing Rivers Health.
Crossing Rivers Health Home Medical Equipment (HME) Retail Store offers an extensive array of products including prenatal vitamins, compression stockings, support pillows, and breast pumps.
Talk to your obstetrical care provider about having your ultrasonic exam performed at Crossing Rivers Health. Our state-of-the-art ultrasound system provides you with detailed 4D images of your baby. Our 4D imaging is one of the newest technologies available that gives your babies images a more natural look. Luminance is a surface rendering technique that provides a softer, more natural visualization of the human skin resulting in images of photographic quality. At the end of your session, you will receive a CD with video clips and still images of your baby.
This class provides an excellent opportunity to assist you and your chosen guest with preparations for labor and delivery, postpartum care, newborn care, and feeding options. We recommend registering early in your pregnancy, in order to allow you to complete this course prior to your due date.
Here is what you can expect when you deliver your little one at Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center:
- Private spacious labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum suites. Each postpartum suite features a large flat-screen TV, a mini-refrigerator, large windows with beautiful views and natural light, and a couch that converts to a bed.
- Large whirlpool tub to use during the early stages of labor.
- State-of-the-art fetal monitoring, portable to facilitate mom's freedom of movement, that communicates critical data to your labor and delivery team.
- Birthing balls, squat bars, and rocking chairs.
- A state-of-the-art infant security system for protection and continuous monitoring, ensuring your peace of mind.
- Our advanced nurse call system ensures nursing care is always close at hand.
- Once labor begins, mothers stay in the same room for the birth of their baby and through the first hours of the recovery period. Moms who deliver by cesarean section will be cared for in our state-of-the-art surgical suite.
- State-of-the-art infant warmers to assist with baby, if necessary, with breathing and temperature control.
- A state-of-the-art nursery in close proximity to the mother's suite.
- Wireless internet.
- Complimentary gifts.
- A complimentary meal for significant other.
- A family waiting room is located close by with coffee service and snacks. In addition, your family can dine in our spacious cafeteria on meals prepared by our expert chef or warm up by the fireplace.
We support the bond between mother and baby and offer the following options for you and your little one.
Your baby is assessed and bathed in your presence.
Care for you and your baby is provided in your post-delivery room.
Your baby is placed directly on your chest for skin-to-skin contact right after birth to promote the bond between mother and infant.
We provide support whether you are breastfeeding, breast-pumping or bottle-feeding. For those wanting to breastfeed, our breastfeeding support team consists of lactation consultants, counselors, and OB staff members that provide encouragement and empowerment during your breastfeeding journey. Learn more about breastfeeding and lactation support by clicking here.
We teach you about your newborn's behavior and how to respond to their cues.
NeoNet Emergency Telemedicine
Newborn Emergency Telemedicine (NeoNET) technology offers the expertise of a neonatal specialist for newborns experiencing arrhythmia, trouble breathing and other conditions at birth. NeoNet is a team approach to comprehensive care and treatment for newborns in crisis. NeoNET puts specialty care right here, at our fingertips. Learn more about this advanced technology.
Flowers or gifts can be purchased at Jerry's Gift Shoppe located near the Main Entrance of the Medical Center.
Free car seat safety check
A certified safety seat technician will make sure your car seat is appropriate for your child, that it is installed correctly and that the child is harnessed safely.
A financial counselor is available. If you would like to speak to one, please let us know.
If you are looking for a primary care provider, Crossing Rivers Health Clinics in Prairie du Chien and Fennimore provide individualized care to meet your family's needs. We pride ourselves on providing a continuum of care locally so that patients do not have to travel out of town for quality healthcare.
Our education department offers a variety of Basic Life Saving Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation classes throughout the year. We highly recommend these classes for any member of the public. You never know when you may have to save a life.
We want to be your local educational resource. Please visit our website to find resources or contact us if you need any assistance. Explore our parenting resources.
Take a virtual tour of our Birthing Center.
Banner photo courtesy Haley Ann Photography, Eastman, WI