Treatment Options for Heavy Periods
You are not alone.
It’s estimated that heavy menstrual bleeding affects 1 out of every 5 women – that’s about 10 million women! Many women begin to experience heavy and/or irregular bleeding in their 30's and 40's, as they being to get closer to menopause.
Are heavy periods affecting your life?
- Are you tired and nauseated?
- Do you experience bad cramps?
- Do you have headaches?
- Do you have to miss social or athletic events?
- Are you avoiding sex?
- Are you missing work?
- Do you feel moody or depressed?
- Do you feel anxious?
- Do you lack confidence during your period?
NovaSure Ablation is a one-time, five-minute procedure that can lighten or end your heavy period. No pills. No hormonal side effects. For 90% of women, menstrual bleeding is dramatically reduced or stopped.
Benefits of NovaSure Ablation
- One-time procedure
- The procedure usually takes less than five minutes
- 90% of women return to normal, light or no periods at all
- 40% reported that their periods stopped completely
- Most women experience mild or no pain during or after the procedure
- Most women feel back to themselves within a day or so
- There are no incisions
- It can be performed at any time during your cycle, even if you’re bleeding
- You don’t need to prepare by taking any pre-treatment medicine
Jason A. Rexroth, MD
Board-certified gynecology and pelvic floor specialist
Dr. Jason Rexroth grew up on the Mississippi River in Burlington, Iowa. He attended Simpson College, graduating with a major in Biology and German and a minor in Chemistry. He received his medical degree from the University of Iowa. After completing one year of general surgery in Spartanburg, South Carolina, he completed four years of OB/GYN residency at Marshall University in Huntington, WV.