Community Care program
We provide various levels of financial assistance to those who are unable to pay for health care services. Financial assistance is available to individuals who do not have the ability to pay their full obligation as determined by the qualification criteria in our Community Care Program.
If you are unable to pay your bill, please contact us at the telephone number or address below to see if you are eligible for financial assistance.
Requests by phone:608.357.2000
Requests by mail: Crossing Rivers Health
ATTN: Business Office
37868 US Hwy 18
Prairie du Chien, WI 53821
Who may be eligible?
- Each patient’s need for financial assistance is evaluated according to the level of his/her household income.
- Individual circumstances and relevant facts, such as reported income, assets, liabilities, expenses, and other available resources will be evaluated.
- Free care is available to patients whose household income is 300% or below the federal poverty level. See http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/index.cfmfor the current federal poverty guidelines published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
How do I apply?
- Individuals may apply for financial assistance under the facility’s Financial Assistance Policy (FAP) by mailing a completed application, along with proof of household income, to the above address or by bringing the application and proof of household income to Crossing Rivers Health Business Office.
- Patients may also call or visit the above location to receive assistance with the application process.
In the case of emergency or other medically necessary care covered under the FAP, patients eligible under a hospital facility’s FAP may not be charged more than the amounts generally billed to individuals who have insurance covering such care.
Translations of the FAP, the application for financial assistance, and the FAP Plain Language are available.
*The following facilities of Crossing Rivers Health:
- Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center
- Crossing Rivers Health Prairie du Chien Clinic
- Crossing Rivers Health Fennimore Clinic
- Crossing Rivers Health Behavioral Health
- Crossing Rivers Health Center for Specialty Care