Contact: Sasha Dull
Upcoming Community Input Sessions Scheduled
Area organizations are working in partnership to help improve the health of their communities, and the region. The collaborative group is conducting a community-wide assessment which will identify and prioritize the health needs by collecting and analyzing data and soliciting community input. The results will be used to develop strategies to address the prioritized needs, with the goal of contributing to improvements in the communities’ overall health.
Collaborative partners include: Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics, Grant Regional Health Center, Crossing Rivers Health, Grant and Crawford County Health Departments, UW Extension, and Aging and Disability Resource Centers. These organizations are combining resources to conduct the assessment across Grant, Crawford and neighboring counties.
The assessment framework includes:
- Collecting and analyzing data from online surveys this summer and focus groups this fall
- Selecting priorities
- Documenting and communicating results
- Planning for action and monitoring progress
The next step in this process is to conduct focus groups to gather feedback and direct input from our community members from across the county. This information, once gathered, will build on survey input and statistical data shared from both Crawford and Grant County health departments. Finally, each hospital will then write an individualized, comprehensive implementation plan and the health departments will also complete or update their community health improvement plans.
Both in-person and virtual focus groups have been planned. Opportunities to attend an in-person session throughout the month of October are as follows:
- FENNIMORE - Wednesday, October 6, 11:30 a.m., Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, 1800 Bronson Blvd., main entrance, room 430
- GAYS MILLS - Monday, October 11, 5:30 p.m., Gays Mills Community Center 16381 WI-131
- BOSCOBEL - Thursday, October 14, 5:45 p.m., Blaine Gym, 104 E. Oak St.
- LANCASTER - Monday, October 18, 6:30 p.m., Grant Regional Health Center Education Center, 507 S. Monroe St.
- PRAIRIE DU CHIEN - Wednesday, October 20, 5:30 p.m., Prairie du Chien Memorial Library, 125 S. Wacouta Ave.
Three virtual focus groups will be held, with the first scheduled on Wednesday, October 13 at 12:30 p.m. Another virtual session is planned for Monday, October 18 at 5:30 p.m., with the last being on Tuesday, October 19 at 9:00 a.m. Register to attend a virtual focus group via the links provided here, on Facebook @CHNA Voice, or on the participating hospital’s websites.
For more information, please contact any of the following:
Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics: Natalie Tollefson – email@example.com
Grant Regional Health Center: Rochelle Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org
Crossing Rivers Health: Sasha Dull – email@example.com
Crawford County Health Department: Sonya Lenzendorf – firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant County Health Department: Jeff Kindrai - email@example.com