Crawford County, WI – Registration is now available for Crawford County On The Move, a 9 week 5K walk/run program taking place in Gays Mills, Soldiers Grove, Seneca, Wauzeka, and Prairie du Chien. Participants will meet once a week to participate in short lessons and group walk/runs, along with access to individual training schedules weekly tips. The registration fee is $10 per participant or $25 for a family of 3 or more. The fee includes a t-shirt and the possibility of winning door prizes. Scholarships are available for those who qualify.
“The end goal of the program is to walk or run a 5K,” shared Sonya Lenzendorf, Crawford County Public Health Educator. “We hope participants will find motivation, support, and have fun while improving their health.”
Crawford County On The Move will be meeting in the following communities:
- Gays Mills – Thursdays at 5:30 pm beginning June 20 at the Ball Diamond Shelter
- Soldiers Grove – Wednesdays at 6:00 pm beginning June 19 at 43554 Dull Road
- Seneca – Sundays at 6:00 pm beginning June 16 at the Seneca School Cafeteria
- Wauzeka – Tuesdays at 5:30 pm beginning June 18 at Century Hall
- Prairie du Chien – Mondays at 9:00 am beginning June 17 at PDC Memorial Library
- Prairie du Chien – Tuesdays at 4:45 pm beginning June 18 at the Crawford County Administration Building
Interested individuals can register at crossingrivers.org/move or call 608.326.0229. Crawford County On The Move is proudly sponsored by BAPI, Crossing Rivers Health, Peoples State Bank, Mayo Clinic Health System, Gundersen Prairie du Chien Clinic, Crawford County Public Health, Walmart, and SportsWorld.