Crossing Rivers Health Honors Ambassador Recipients
Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin - Crossing Rivers Health in Prairie du Chien strives to provide a work environment where humor is appreciated, teamwork is encouraged, and honesty, integrity, and demonstrating care for each other are second nature. Their vision is to achieve the best outcome for every patient every time in an environment where patient expectations are exceeded, physicians want to practice, caring people want to work, the community sees a source of pride, and the region associates their name with high quality.
Each year, Crossing Rivers Health presents Ambassador of the Year awards to individuals who represent their core values of joy, unity, integrity, compassion, and excellence; along with awards for Ambassador of Leadership and Ambassador of Provider Excellence. Nominations are submitted by employees and presented to the Senior Leadership Team for selection.
This year, the following individuals were recognized with a Crossing Rivers Health Ambassador award:
- Ambassador of Joy - Kayla Otto, Registered Nurse. Kayla shows enthusiasm in her work and lifts the spirits of everyone she works. She is a good listener and is always friendly and helpful with her patients and co-workers.
- Ambassador of Unity – Bobbi Gofus, Home Medical Equipment Coordinator. Bobbi is a positive role model because of her easy going attitude, ability to teach others, and her active listening skills. She is currently working on projects with several departments within the organization to improve the patient/customer experience, all while keeping the departments fiscal responsibility in mind.
- Ambassador of Integrity – Kimberly Krogan, Payroll Accountant. Kimberly is widely trusted and seen as a direct, truthful individual. She is honest, friendly and respectful to patients, clients, visitors, and colleagues. She has been the trusted resource in her field for the past 30 years, with integrity being the compass to guide her.
- Ambassador of Compassion – Patrick Stovey, Clinical Exercise Physiologist. Patrick listens carefully to his patients and meets every patient “where they are at”. He takes extra measures to ensure that each patient he works with is comfortable and listens with empathy to comfort them by offering suggestions for pain relief, when necessary. He goes above and beyond to meet the needs of the Cardiac Rehabilitation department and actively strives to ensure the best outcome for every patient.
- Ambassador of Excellence – Luke Hoffman, Radiologic Technologist. Luke knows how to comfort patients young and old alike with a deeply caring attitude that is genuine and supportive. He receives many compliments from patients as well as from other department staff, which highlight how well he performs his patient care day in and day out. He can be counted on for steady performance under pressure and is willing to do whatever is necessary to deliver excellent patient care.
- Ambassador of Provider Excellence – Susan McMillan, Family Nurse Practitioner. Susan is consistently recognized by patients as an excellent provider. Her desire to improve the patient experience is an example others can follow. She not only strives to do the best for her patients, but also for the organization. She is positive and has the best interest for the patient at heart. She is a provider who is compassionate in her work and lends a listening ear in difficult times. She brings joy to her job and always has a smile on her face.
- Ambassador of Leadership – Christine Schroeder, Director of Obstetrical Services. Christine is considered to be a transformational leader by promoting collaboration between physicians, nurses and other healthcare members. She is a trusted individual who provides valuable insight and expertise to her unit and our hospital. She is always looking to improve processes in her area, keeping her staff engaged and involved in efforts to meet her department expectations and goals.