Effective March 25, 2020
Prairie du Chien, WI - Crossing Rivers Health is taking a proactive approach in preventing the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in our organization and community. With that in mind, there are a number of changes being implemented effective March 25, 2020 and until further notice. Please understand that these actions may be extended or revised, based on changing conditions.
Medical Center Entrances will be limited to ensure appropriate screening can occur for approved visitors.
- Main Entrance will be closed to the public until further notice.
- North Entrance will be open Monday and Tuesday from 7am- 5pm, Wed-Fri at 7am-4:30pm and closed Saturday and Sunday.
- After business hours, all patients and visitors will only enter through the Emergency Department.
- North Entrance will be open for Center for Specialty Care, Rehabilitation Services and Home Medical Equipment visits. All other patients and visitors are to enter through the Emergency Department entrance.
Medical Center Visitor Exceptions:
NO VISITORS will be allowed, with the following exceptions, and provided there is absence of symptoms upon screening:
- Obstetric patients may have one support person per patient, per stay.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life there is no limit to the number of visitors at the patient’s bedside, provided there is absence of symptoms.
- Patients undergoing emergent surgery may have one visitor who must leave the hospital as soon as possible after the surgery.
- Patients under the age of 18 may have one visitor, parent or guardian.
- No visitors will be allowed in rooms of Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) or COVID-19 positive patients, except for end-of-life. Minors under the age of 18 can have one parent or guardian per patient, per stay.
- All approved visitors must stay in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit.
Clinic Visitor Exceptions:
- Patients under the age of 18 may have one visitor, either a parent or a guardian.
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one visitor.
- Anyone dropping off and picking up patients should wait outside unless they need support in communicating.
Visitor restrictions are temporary and may change as Crossing Rivers Health monitors the COVID-19 situation locally, regionally and nationally.