Contact: Sasha Dull
Prairie du Chien, WI- Crossing Rivers Health has established a COVID-19 hotline as a resource for those who feel they may have Coronavirus symptoms - including fever, cough, and shortness of breath - or have questions about how best to seek care. The hotline is available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., by calling 608.357.2819.
“Unless it’s an emergency, patients are encouraged to call ahead to our clinics, ER, or urgent care, whenever possible, to help curb the spread of infection,” said Jenny Pritchett, Chief Nursing Officer at Crossing Rivers health, and Incident Commander for the organization’s COVID-19 response team.
For the continued safety of patients and staff, protective measures are in place throughout Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center and Clinics, including screening patients and employees and restricting visitors. Visitors are currently restricted, with the following exceptions:
Clinic Visitor Exceptions:
- Patients under the age of 18 may have one visitor, either a parent or a guardian.
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one visitor.
- Anyone dropping off and picking up patients should wait outside unless they need support in communicating.
Medical Center Visitor Exceptions:
NO VISITORS will be allowed, with the following exceptions, and provided there is absence of symptoms upon screening:
- Obstetric patients admitted for delivery within the Birthing Center may have one support person per patient, per stay.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life there is no limit to the number of visitors at the patient’s bedside, provided there is absence of symptoms.
- Patients undergoing emergent surgery may have one visitor who must leave the hospital as soon as possible after the surgery.
- Patients under the age of 18 may have one visitor, parent or guardian.
- No visitors will be allowed in rooms of Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) or COVID-19 positive patients, except for end-of-life. Minors under the age of 18 can have one parent or guardian per patient, per stay.
- All approved visitors must stay in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit.
Pritchett shared, “Crossing Rivers Health’s preparedness efforts continue to be focused on the possibility of an influx of patients requiring advanced, critical care. The current guidance from national and global experts is focused on slowing the spread and ensuring our health systems have the necessary resources.” Pritchett added, “Ensuring our health system does not become overwhelmed is a big reason why it is critical that our community members continue to take the “Safer at Home” orders seriously.”
For COVID-19 related resources and a complete list of visitor restrictions and guidelines, please visit www.crossingrivers.org.