Tammy Thompson, Clinical Exercise Physiologist
Cardiac Rehabilitation Manager
|Facilities||Crossing Rivers Health Rehabilitation & Therapy|
|Bachelor of Science||
Austin Peay State University
Human Movement Science and Education with an emphasis in Wellness Promotion
|Master of Science||
University of Memphis
Exercise and Sport Sciences with an emphasis in Clinical Exercise Physiology
I am proud to be the manager of the Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation departments at Crossing Rivers Health. I have worked as an exercise physiologist for twenty-one years, fifteen of which have been at Crossing Rivers Health. I have a broad range of experience and background working with many different diseases and conditions, such as obesity, fibromyalgia, cancer, heart disease, and stroke to name a few.
My professional philosophy is to prevent illness and prolong a higher quality of life through exercise. Exercise is one of the best and least expensive medicines in treating and managing chronic disease and illness. I am an advocate for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation and work to advance the practice of caring for cardiac and pulmonary patients.
On a personal note, I am married to my husband, Jasen, and have two boys, Jasper and Jorey. We actively engage in dairy farming.
Click these links to learn more about cardiac rehab, pulmonary rehab, or Healthy Hearts program at Crossing Rivers Health.
- Wisconsin Society of Cardiovascular Health and Rehabilitation (WISCPHR) member
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) member
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) member
- ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-CCEP)
- ASCM Exercise is Medicine Level 3 credentialed provider (ACSM- EIM3)
- AACVPR Certified Cardiac Rehab Professional (CCRP)
- WISCPHR Board of Directors Secretary 2018-2019
- WISCPHR Board of Directors President-elect 2019-2020
- WISCPHR Board of Directors President 2020-2021
- WISCPHR Board of Directors Immediate Past President 2021-2022
- Prairie du Chien Memorial Hospital Employee of the Month March 2006
- Crossing Rivers Health Leader of the Quarter Award
Special practice interests
- Wellness Promotion
- Clinical Exercise Physiology