Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP) Peer Educator
Want to help your community?
We want you to become a peer educator!
You do not need to be a health care professional to become a peer educator. Training is free and provides you with the opportunity to empower others.
Apply to become a DEEP Peer Educator
Overview—what you need to know:
Candidates for the DSME peer educator training are:
- Want to give back to their community
- Enjoy connecting with people
- Are interested in improving health of others
People who are willing to:
- Read and learn the curriculum of Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP)
- Hold a conversation in a group
- Stand for a small period of time during the workshop
- Peer educator training takes place over two eight-hour days.
- Peer educator training is free.
- The trainee is provided the curriculum and receives training about the facilitation of the workshop.
- Training dates will be announced soon.
What does a DEEP Workshop look like?