The compassionate and caring experts at Crossing Rivers Health take pride in making the birth of your baby very special and memorable, for all involved.
Obstetrics services and amenities
Here is what you can expect when you deliver your little one at Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center:
- Private spacious labor and delivery suite.
- Large whirlpool tub to use during the early stages of labor.
- State-of-the-art fetal monitoring, portable to facilitate mom's freedom for movement.
- Birthing balls, squat bars and rocking chairs.
- Wireless internet.
- Breast feeding support from our International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
- A complimentary massage and other gifts.
- A complimentary meal for significant other.
- A state-of-the-art infant security system.
- A follow-up home visit by a registered nurse.
Once labor begins, mothers stay in the same room for the birth of their baby and through the first hours of the recovery period. Moms who deliver by cesarean section will be cared for in our state-of-the-art surgical suite.
Supporting the bond between mother and baby
We support the bond between mother and baby and offer the following options for you and your little one.
- Transition care—your baby is assessed and bathed in your presence.
- Rooming in—care for you and your baby is provided in your post delivery room.
- Kangaroo care—your baby is placed directly on your chest for skin-to-skin contact right after birth to promote the bond between mother and infant.
- Newborn feeding—we provide support whether you are breastfeeding, breast-pumping or bottle-feeding.
- Parental coaching—we teach you about your newborn's behavior and how to respond to their cues.
- Childbirth and parenting classes.
Please call and schedule a tour to learn more about these services and others offered here at Crossing Rivers Health.
Hear from our patients
November 15, 2016 was the scariest day of Kala's life and the best day of Kala's life. Kala was 24 weeks and 6 days pregnant when she gave birth to Kiara at 2 lbs .05 oz. Now, she is a healthy baby girl. Read Kala share her story.
Paige and Chris Hirsch came all the way from Texas to have Terri Payne, Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Midwife, deliver their baby.
"I thought it was the perfect place to go."
Chelsea Werger received obstetrical and postnatal care from Dr. Matthew Olson at the Crossing Rivers Health Clinic and delivered baby Jaxon at the Medical Center. Hear Chelsea talk about her experience.
50 fingers, 50 toes, and countless reasons to be thankful. Meagan and Jackson Fry have a full house with Brooklynn, 8, Gregory, 4, Kelsi, 3, Maci, almost 2, and Carly, almost four weeks old. All five children have been delivered by Terri Payne, Family Nurse Practitioner and Midwife at Crossing Rivers Health.