Crossing Rivers Health is stronger than ever in the fight against breast cancer.
At Crossing Rivers Health, we understand that detecting breast cancer early is key in saving lives. We are proud to provide the most advanced mammography technology available.
3D™ Tomosynthesis Mammography provides a number of benefits, including:
- 41% increase in the detection of invasive breast cancers, compared to 2D.
- More comfortable experience, lighter compression and ergonomic design.
- Significant reduction in false- positive recall rates by up to 40%.
- A superior mammogram for all breast types.
- Very low x-ray energy; well within FDA safety standards for mammography.
- 3D™offers 120 images of each breast, rather than the standard two images.
Patients who need routine screening exams may schedule their own appointment at their convenience. Crossing Rivers Health accepts most major insurance plans.
The mammography department is accredited by the American College of Radiology and the Federal Drug Administration.
Mammography guideline recommendations
- Baseline mammogram by age 40
- Annual mammogram age 40 and above
- For women with first degree relative with premenopausal breast cancer, begin screening 10 years earlier than the age at relatives diagnosis (but above age 30)