LSVT Programs for Parkinson Disease
The LSVT programs have been developed and scientifically researched over the past 20 years with funding from the National Institutes of Health.
LSVT® LOUD is a speech therapy treatment for individuals with Parkinson's disease and other neurological conditions. LSVT® LOUD focuses on improving vocal loudness with immediate carryover into daily communication to help patients maintain and/or improve oral communication.
Why LSVT® LOUD?
Fifteen years of research funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH) has demonstrated LSVT® LOUD:
- Improved loudness
- Improved speech intelligibility
- Increased facial expression
- Evidence-based treatment with level 1 efficacy
- All patients report improvement in ability to communicate
- 90% of patients improve vocal loudness from pre to post-treatment
- 80% maintain improvements for 12-24 months
LSVT® LOUD is an intensive program consisting of:
- 16 sessions: four days per week for four weeks totaling 16 sessions.
- Each session is one hour.
LSVT® BIG is a research-based exercise approach developed from principles of the effective Parkinson’s specific speech treatment.
Research of LSVT® BIG has documented improved ratings on tests of motor functioning in people with Parkinson's disease following treatment.
Why LSVT® BIG?
- Faster walking with bigger steps
- Improved balance
- Increased trunk rotation
LSVT® BIG will teach you how to avoid inactivity and keep your movements alive during everyday activities. It will help you participate fully and improve the quality of your life!