When you're not quite ready to go home
Swing Bed is a benefit through Medicare and most primary insurance carriers for patients who no longer need inpatient acute care services, but require additional rehab and/or nursing services.
Patients who may benefit from Swing Bed include those who:
- Have been in the hospital for at least 3 consecutive days, not counting your day of discharge
- Are recovering from major joint surgery
- Are recovering from an extensive procedure
- Are in need of IV therapy
- Are in need of strength training and rehabilitation after a prolonged hospital stay
A team of healthcare professionals works with you during your stay. This team includes:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Speech therapy
- Recreation therapy
- Social work
The team works with you to manage your pain and restore you to your normal level of activity.
Please contact patient family services if you are interested in learning more about our swing bed program.