You have a choice.
Did you know that you have a choice where you receive care and services? You do!
Often, a specialist or provider will schedule you for additional tests or services at another facility out of town. It may be necessary in rare cases, but most of the time you are able to have those tests and services performed closer to home; all you need to do is ask.
Right here, close to home.
Advanced technology, expanded services, and expert care available right here in Prairie du Chien may save you time and money, while receiving the high-quality healthcare you deserve.
Services performed in Prairie du Chien:
Crossing Rivers Health Behavioral Health offers psychiatric services for adults, children and adolescents with behavioral health concerns.
Our professional staff creates a comfortable environment to address behavioral health concerns, including but not limited to the following:
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Disruptive, impulse control and conduct disorders
Depression or dispressive disorders
Mood disorders - bi-polar I and II
- Anxiety disorders
- Adjustment related, trauma and stressor induced disorders (e.g. post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Personality disorders
- Life transition difficulties
Center for Specialty Care
- Allergy & Asthma: Crossing Rivers Health Allergy & Asthma provides a complete range of treatment for patients of all ages for a wide range of conditions including seasonal allergies, asthma, and allergic reaction to foods, medications, and stinging insects.
- Cardiology: Crossing Rivers Health Cardiology offers a full spectrum of heart care right here, close to home.
- ENT: Crossing Rivers Health ENT offers a wide range of medical and surgical management of head and neck related conditions.
- Gynecology: Crossing Rivers Health Gynecology provides routine gynecological care, along with treatment for the management of heavy menstrual periods, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and more.
- Orthopedics: From our orthopedic specialists to our top-of-the-line rehabilitation department, we're restoring athletes, fans and weekend warriors to pain-free performance. Crossing Rivers Health Orthopedics provides access to a team of board-certified, highly-skilled orthopedic specialists who provide around-the-clock care.
- Podiatry: Crossing Rivers Health Podiatry provides diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of medical and surgical conditions of the feet and lower limbs.
- Sleep Medicine: Our Sleep Disorders Specialist diagnoses and treats a full spectrum of sleep disorders.
- Urology: The goal of Crossing Rivers Health Urology is to provide excellent, cost-effective diagnosis and treatment of urological disorders. Our expert urology specialists are caring and knowledgeable and will work to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
Chemotherapy is an outpatient service that provides oncology (cancer) patients the opportunity to receive their chemotherapy closer to home.
Chemotherapy is administered by registered nurses trained in the care of oncology patients.
Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center's board-certified medical laboratory scientists and technologists are dedicated to providing prompt and accurate test results. Accredited by The Joint Commission, our laboratory professionals are responsible for working efficiently behind the scenes with highly automated and advanced technologies.
We work to provide your physicians and team of caregivers accurate, timely results, which play a vital role in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of disease, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A wide variety of tests are available at the our laboratory. Tests range from simple identification provided by commercial kits testing to highly complex manual and automated methods. The staff performs more than 128,000 tests per year and takes part in the care of more than 12,000 patients a year.
- 3D™ mammography: At Crossing Rivers Health, we understand that detecting breast cancer early is key in saving lives. We are proud to provide the most advanced mammography technology available. Patients who need routine screening exams may schedule their own appointment at their convenience. Crossing Rivers Health accepts most major insurance plans.
- 4D ultrasound: 4D Ultrasound equipment allows us to perform imaging exams such as abdominal, thyroid, OB-GYN, breast, vascular and echocardiograms as well as multiple other studies. Accredited by the American College of Radiology, Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center employs highly trained and experienced sonographers credentialed by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Rest assured you will receive the highest quality ultrasound scan available through the Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center. Our ultrasound unit has the capability to perform exams in 4-D, which allows expecting mothers to view their newborn in high definition 4-D imaging.
- CT scan: The types of Computed Tomography (CT) scans that may be done include chest, abdominal and pelvic evaluation, as well as soft tissue neck and vascular studies, pulmonary emboli studies, stroke evaluation, oncology follow-up, trauma evaluation, and orthopedic.
- Bone density testing: A Bone Density Test measures the bone mineral content and density of specific anatomic sites or the whole body. Exams performed at Crossing Rivers Health use the hip and lumbar spine as their anatomical reference areas.
- MRI: The brand new Toshiba Titan MRI scanner in the new Medical Center offers more patient comfort, and several features and advancements that were not previously available on the mobile MRI.
- Nuclear medicine/PET scan: Nuclear medicine studies are scheduled per the request of a patient’s primary care provider. Exams routinely scheduled may include exams to evaluate for bone scans, stomach emptying defects, blood clots in the lungs, as well as gallbladder and thyroid disease.
Rehabilitation and therapy services
- Cardiac rehabilitation: Phase II cardiac rehab or outpatient cardiac rehabilitation is a physician-referred, professionally monitored exercise program that focuses on managing and modifying risk factors for heart disease in individuals who had a heart attack, angioplasty or stents, bypass surgery, stable angina, heart valve repair/replacement, heart/lung transplant and congestive heart failure.
- Healthy Hearts: Healthy Hearts is a program offered to community members seeking supervised exercise. Healthy Hearts is a maintenance exercise program that includes professionally guided and supervised exercise sessions with various levels of monitoring. This program is for any patient referred by a physician or as a transition to non-telemetry monitored exercise after phase II cardiac rehab.
- LSVT - Big and LSVT - Loud: The LSVT Programs have been developed and scientifically researched over the past 20 years with funding from the National Institutes of Health.
- Lymphedema therapy: Patients with lymphedema may receive therapy through occupational therapy. A physician referral is required.
- Occupational therapy: Our occupational therapists and certified occupational therapy assistants provide skilled treatment to help our patients improve their motion, balance, strength, coordination, sensation, visual perception and cognition with the goal of increasing their participation and independence in all daily activities. Occupational therapy often includes instruction on alternative ways to complete daily tasks- such as 1-handed strategies for putting on a shirt following a stroke. Instruction may also involve learning how to use specialized equipment- such as a dressing stick or sock aid. Occupational therapy also provides recommendations for the home- modifications and/or equipment that will improve our patients' safety and independence.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy helps people learn to function within the limits of their disability, whether the disability is severe, moderate, short-term or permanent. Physical therapy utilizes heat, cold, electricity, massage and exercise to attain desired strength, flexibility and pain control. Patients and families are also instructed in home exercise to facilitate recovery. Patients who may benefit from physical therapy include people with work-related injuries, people who have experienced strokes and head or spinal injuries, or people who have been injured in falls or other accidents.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation: For those suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, asthma, or other forms of chronic lung disease. The combination of strengthening, flexibility training, endurance training and education enables rehab participants to maximize the abilities and ease the challenge of daily life. Other benefits include improved quality of life and decreased hospitalizations.
- Speech and swallowing therapy: Speech-language pathologists work to assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children and adults.
At Crossing Rivers Health Medical Center, our Surgery staff understands the stress that an expected or unexpected surgery may cause. Our surgical team is known for exceeding patient expectations by providing the best outcomes and compassionate care. You can have every confidence in the skills of our doctors, nurses, technicians and support staff to help you through your time here at Crossing Rivers Health.