Family Bonding Activities For Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a time for families and friends to gather together to enjoy a delicious meal together and to reflect on all of the blessings they received over the past year. It is a busy time for families as work and school schedules change, and we can lose track of those blessings when we’re preparing to host that big family celebration. Remember to prepare as much ahead as possible and allow others to bring their favorite dish to help out so that you will be able to get out of the kitchen and enjoy the day too.
Instead of being attached to a screen or device, connect with your kids and family members, and make every moment together count!
Here are a few ways families can recapture the meaning of Thanksgiving or start some new traditions:
- Let each member of the family make a list of things they’re grateful for. Read the lists before the meal and save them for memories in years to come.
- Start a journal you’ll keep all year. Instead of writing down problems and concerns, write down the things you’re grateful for.
- Spend the long weekend on family projects such as making a Family Tree. For help, visit ancestry.com or familytreemaker.org.
- Surf the Internet for great craft ideas, easy recipes, songs, or learning activities.
- Put the family photos in order, and share some memories and tales. Take the time to sort photos by date and identify the people.
- Relax and enjoy each other’s company.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Crossing Rivers Health!