Family Resource Center Helps Families Be The Best They Can Be
From the staff at Family Resource Center
Being a parent is one of the most important responsibilities you will ever have. All of us at the Family Resource Center believe families should have all the support, guidance and information available to enable them to be as healthy and happy as possible. And as some folks say- children don’t come with instructions!
The Family Resource Center is available to help parents, grandparents and caregivers through a variety of programs and services available at no charge or a minimal cost.
We help parents and caregivers create a more nurturing home, gain a deeper understanding of child development and connect them with local resources.
A few of the services provides by the Family Resource Center include:
- Safe Sitter classes
- Moms Like Me Support Group
- Taylor Street Tots Playgroup
- Child car seat rentals
- Free Child car seat inspections
- Equipment loan program - short-term check-out for porta-cribs, baby swings, high chairs, safety gates, strollers and more
- Toy and resource lending library - offers books, toys, and DVDs for family bonding activities and entertainment.
- Poster board and card stock paper
- Ziploc bags
- Children’s basic care items
- Gently used toys and equipment
We also appreciate our volunteers. Their generous gift of time and talent help us provide services to the community.
Crossing Rivers Health Family Resource Center is located at 800 East Taylor Street in Prairie du Chien. The center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. or by appointment. We would welcome your call at 608-357-2135 to talk more about how our services can help you or someone you know.