Get in touch with the benefits of massage- here’s five reasons why!
From Heidi Mezera and Monica Tiffany, Licensed Massage Therapists
If you have never experienced a professional massage,you have to give it a try!It only takes one appointment to discover why massage is so popular and why massage therapists are in such high demand. Massage is no longer considered a luxury, but rather an effective treatment for many medical conditions. Massage stimulates the body to secrete endorphins, the hormones responsible for creating the elation often referred to as the runner’s high.
Just like regular maintenance on your car makes it run smoother, regular massages help the body feel better. Many of our clients schedule maintenance massages because they experience the health benefits of a massage on a regular basis. And we also have clients who make an appointment because something specific is hurting, but more and more people see it as preventative health more than just pampering.
According to the American Massage Therapy Association, massage therapy can play an important role in your health regimen. Here are five ways massage can improve your health:
1. Reduce stress - The long-term effects of stress can take emotional and physical tolls. Massage therapy may relieve stress and conditions associated with it, such as tension headaches.
2. Get better sleep - Research indicates that massage can improve sleep in those with lower back pain, fibromaylgia, insomnia, pain and other health conditions.
3. Boost mental health and wellness - Research suggests that symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression (all associated with mental health) may be directly affected with massage therapy.
4. Manage pain - Pain can negatively affect a person’s quality of life and impede recovery from illness or injury. Massage can help low-back pain, headaches, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and more.
5. Increase range of motion - Elite and recreational athletes alike can benefit from massage therapy. It can help reduce muscle tension, improve exercise performance and prevent injuries.
The Crossing Rivers Health Massage Therapy staff offer half-hour and hour massage/reflexology sessions, as well as body treatments and facials. Gift certificates are available during the holiday season or anytime throughout the year.